Over the past two weeks, I’ve been learning how to develop the basic UI for a mobile application on XCode and installing pods onto my XCode project. I’ve also been experimenting and creating my own log-in authentication for a test application using Google’s Firebase. — William Su (Feb. 19, 2018).
I have been getting familiar with how to do UI in Swift, such as changing background colors, setting placeholders for text fields, and trying to set constraints for the items. — Allison Wu (Feb. 23, 2018)
In addition to learning to use Git for version control, I have been familiarizing myself with the team’s existing Python code for adding entries to a local database while sending data (via WiFi) to the cloud. I’ve been learning how the current vision for a local buffer is to use Python’s multiprocessing package to allow both of these processes to occur concurrently. — Chiraag (Feb. 2, 2018)
I have dowloaded Ubuntu onto the Raspberry Pi’s that were just shipped in, and I have begun to familiarize myself with the UI and how to utilize it for our work. In addition I will be adding wifi capabilities and more in order to prepare our hardware for our next tests. — Carlos (March. 1, 2018)
I have been setting up a Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu MATE. Next, I will be setting up the hall effect sensor and getting the code from GitHub onto the Pi. — Chiraag (March 5, 2018)
Carlos and I have finished setting up two Raspberry Pis with the hall effect sensors and with the code from GitHub. Next, we will set up crontab to schedule tasks on the Pis and we will run tests to make sure we can send sensor data to the database. We took down the Pis that were set up in the Rec, and we now have to brainstorm more effective/aesthetic ways to mount the sensors. — Chiraag (April 9, 2018)